Senior Karaoke Health Benefits
As people age, one of the most important points is to practice staying fit, both physically and mentally. Did you know that there is actually a ton of health benefits for seniors who do karaoke regularly? From the many physical benefits to the improvement is has upon mental health, singing along with your favorite songs could help turn your life around.
Karaoke Health Benefits for Seniors
There have been quite a few studies done on how regularly singing can improve mood and even show physical benefits. For one, singing helps improve the lungs and breathing. This alone is good for the body and mind. It helps to relieve stress as well as improving confidence and self-esteem. Plus, singing with friends will increase bonds. Singing even helps to increase the immune system! These benefits alone are enough to help those who are suffering from mild to even moderate dementia. If just singing can do all of this, why haven’t we heard more about it?!
A study completed at McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and later published in Trends in Cognitive Science, in April of 2013, researched showed that singing has a plethora of benefits that “significantly improved psychological health and well-being through the engagement of neurochemical systems responsible for reward, motivation, pleasure, stress/arousal, immunity and social affiliation.”
- Karaoke provides a workout.
- Karaoke can help improve posture.
- Singing actually improves sleeping.
- Karaoke is a natural anti-depressant.
- Singing reduces the amount of stress.
- Singing can help to improve mental prowess and how mentally alert one is. This is especially true for people suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Karaoke can broaden the amount of friends one has.
- Karaoke improves both self-confidence and self-esteem as well as improving communication.
- Singing also helps people to appreciate music more once they have actually started singing for themselves.
Captain Karaoke & Music Plus LLC
Karaoke is more fun when you can relate to the songs you’re singing. That’s why Music Plus has special Karaoke songs of Big Band hits Classic Oldies and Broadway show tunes. This way, seniors can sing their hearts out to songs they actually enjoy! No one likes doing karaoke when they don’t enjoy listening to or singing the songs, so why not give seniors a way to have fun?!
William James once said: “I don’t sing because I’m happy, I’m happy because I sing.” This perfectly sums up the benefits of karaoke for seniors better than anyone else ever could.